Applying for Federal Financial Aid

1. Be accepted for admission to Edgewood College. Applications are available online.
2. Obtain a FSA AID at  The FSA ID serves as an electronic signature on the FAFSA.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at  Edgewood College’s Title IV School Code is 003848.

Questions? Contact Edgewood Central at 608-663-4300 or

Institutional, Federal & State Financial Aid

Students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at, will be considered for the following programs. Priority application deadline is March 1.

Institutional Financial Aid

Edgewood College Grant – An institutional grant awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. This grant does not need to be repaid.
Edgewood Employment/Federal Work Study – Employment opportunities for students to work on campus. Students must be enrolled at least 1/2 time.

Federal Financial Aid

Federal Pell Grant - A federally funded need based grant awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree and who have exceptional need.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - A federally funded need based grant awarded to undergraduate students, with priority given to Pell Grant recipients.

Federal Stafford Loan - A low interest student loan that must be repaid. Repayment begins six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time status. There are two types:

  • Subsidized – awarded based on financial need. Interest does not accrue while enrolled at least half-time.
  • Unsubsidized – awarded to students regardless of financial need. Interest starts accruing at the time of disbursement.

Federal PLUS Loan – available to parents of dependent undergraduate students who are enrolled at least part-time. The PLUS Loan allows a parent to fund all or a portion of any remaining balance of their child’s educational expenses. A credit check is required and the loan must be repaid.

State Financial Aid

For additional information on Wisconsin’s financial aid system, visit

Wisconsin Grant - Provides assistance to undergraduates enrolled at least 1/2 time.  Awards based on financial need and eligibility cannot exceed 10 semesters. 

Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation - This Wisconsin agency serves students who have any disability which presents a substantial handicap to future employment. Students may contact their representative at ((608) 261-2126 for further information, or call toll free, (800) 442-3477. Non-Wisconsin residents should contact their home state division.

Apply for additional scholarships by completing the Edgewood College Transfer Scholarship Application.