Total: Total number of cases (Active and Recovered) among Students, Faculty, and Staff since tracking began.
Active: Positive cases not yet recovered.
Recovered: Able to resume normal activities.
These pages are a resource for students, parents, and our entire community.
A Gradual Return to Campus
May 15, 2020, 1:00 PM
- Wear a mask while inside buildings (masks will be available for those who do not have access to one).
- Maintain social distancing practices (remain six feet apart) at all times on campus. In the near-term, please refrain from visiting the seating areas of Wingra and Phil’s, and other areas where people typically gather.
- DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in contact in the most recent 14 days with someone known to have tested positive for Covid-19. Free testing is available in the Madison area though we ask that you contact your healthcare provider if you have questions or symptoms.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water while on campus.
- All returning employees acknowledge that their return to campus is voluntary, they agree to follow campus protocols, and they will take all reasonable precautions to avoid contracting or spreading Covid-19 while on and away from campus.
- Cleaning protocols will be followed to clean surfaces and minimize the potential for spread of the virus. The College will provide departments with disinfecting products so individuals can regularly clean around their own working areas.
- Offices configured and staffed in a way that will not allow social distancing may be temporarily moved to larger spaces.
- Offices that receive visitors will have markings on the floor to show visitors where to stand to preserve social distance.
- Visitors will be requested to wear a mask while on campus. All visitors should be directed to the Campus Assistance Center where they can be checked in and where masks will be available for their use.
- Meetings of more than three people shall be conducted via Webex. Meetings of three or fewer shall be conducted in a manner consistent with social distancing.
Protocols in place upon our initial return will be modified as necessary based upon additional guidance from public health officials.
Thank you for your patience. Please contact your supervisor, dean, or V.P. if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns. We look forward to welcoming the Edgewood College community back to campus, albeit gradually.
Task Force Fall 2020
A work group charged with shaping the return to campus this fall. We remain committed to on-campus, in-person living and learning at Edgewood College, beginning with welcoming our newest students on Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Athletics Director & Head Baseball Coach
Director of Information Technology
V.P. for Student Development/Dean of Students
Executive Assistant to the President
Associate V.P. for Dominican Life and Mission
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Director of Residence Life
Director of Security & Transportation
V.P. for Enrollment Management
Director of Strategic Communications
Students, Faculty, and Staff Pledge 2020-'21
Preventing the spread
In order to do everything we can to keep all of our community as safe as possible, the Edgewood College community will adhere to a number of safety protocols during the 2020-2021 Academic Year as a way of minimizing risk of the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are based on guidelines provided by Public Health Madison Dane County.
As a member of this Community, I will…
- Wash my hands properly and regularly.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Comply with posted Public Health Madison Dane County requirements.
- Wear a mask covering my nose and mouth while in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Assist in the use of disinfectant wipes to clean shared public workspaces prior to use.
- Take reasonable precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Avoid public places and minimize interpersonal contacts if I have been exposed or have any symptoms of any illness.
- Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the College and follow any instructions to seek medical care or to quarantine.
- Agree to be tested for COVID-19, as prescribed by health care professionals. Agree to be cooperative and flexible as we work together to support one another and give our community the best balance of learning and safety.