Total: Total number of cases (Active and Recovered) among Students, Faculty, and Staff since tracking began.
Active: Positive cases not yet recovered.
Recovered: Able to resume normal activities.
These pages are a resource for students, parents, and our entire community.
Plans for Fall 2020
May 5, 2020, 5:00 PM
I know many of you are getting ready for final projects and final exams. Hang in there, you’re almost to the end of the semester. You’ve got this!
Even as we move through the last week of classes for this semester, please let me update you on plans for fall 2020. We remain committed to teaching and learning in classrooms, and on campus, when the fall 2020 semester begins.
Many of you have told me it is the feeling of belonging, and of being in community, that first led you to explore becoming a student here. As President Gevelinger said in reaching this decision, "Our students, faculty, and staff have shown themselves to be creative and resilient in the face of this disruption But ‘at the heart of ministry is relationship,’ and those relationships are best formed and nurtured when we are together.”
You can be sure that, as is true with every semester, the health and the safety of our students and our entire community is the highest priority. That will of course be the case in August. We expect to welcome incoming freshmen to the residence halls on Sunday, August 16, 2020. And we expect classes to get underway on Wednesday, August 19 - on campus.
We continue to heed the recommendations of the CDC, and follow the direction of our elected officials. While there is much that feels out of our hands during these days, we are taking steps to do everything we can to allow for your safe return to living and learning on campus this fall.
As you are aware, we'll have a new president at that time. While Dr. Andrew Manion’s official start date is June 1, he is already at work leading a task force to develop specific plans and contingencies for the fall semester at Edgewood College.
All my best for a strong finish to a challenging semester, and be well!
As always, please reach out to email@example.com or 608-663-2212 if you have further questions.
Heather Harbach, Ed.D. '17
Vice President for Student Development
Task Force Fall 2020
A work group charged with shaping the return to campus this fall. We remain committed to on-campus, in-person living and learning at Edgewood College, beginning with welcoming our newest students on Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Athletics Director & Head Baseball Coach
Director of Information Technology
V.P. for Student Development/Dean of Students
Executive Assistant to the President
Associate V.P. for Dominican Life and Mission
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Director of Residence Life
Director of Security & Transportation
V.P. for Enrollment Management
Director of Strategic Communications
Students, Faculty, and Staff Pledge 2020-'21
Preventing the spread
In order to do everything we can to keep all of our community as safe as possible, the Edgewood College community will adhere to a number of safety protocols during the 2020-2021 Academic Year as a way of minimizing risk of the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are based on guidelines provided by Public Health Madison Dane County.
As a member of this Community, I will…
- Wash my hands properly and regularly.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Comply with posted Public Health Madison Dane County requirements.
- Wear a mask covering my nose and mouth while in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Assist in the use of disinfectant wipes to clean shared public workspaces prior to use.
- Take reasonable precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Avoid public places and minimize interpersonal contacts if I have been exposed or have any symptoms of any illness.
- Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the College and follow any instructions to seek medical care or to quarantine.
- Agree to be tested for COVID-19, as prescribed by health care professionals. Agree to be cooperative and flexible as we work together to support one another and give our community the best balance of learning and safety.