Total: Total number of cases (Active and Recovered) among Students, Faculty, and Staff since tracking began.
Active: Positive cases not yet recovered.
Recovered: Able to resume normal activities.
* Numbers include students on and off campus
These pages are a resource for students, parents, and our entire community.
Public Health Madison Update – Order 10
Nov 17, 2020, 6:15 PM
Dear Students and Colleagues –
We have received some questions about our Academic Calendar and course delivery in light of the most recent order from Public Health Madison Dane County, which prohibits indoor gatherings of any size. The order allows exemptions for educational institutions, as have previous orders.
We have had 117 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since our tracking began over this summer. To date, exactly zero cases have been traced to community spread within a classroom and the same is true for community spread within the Edgewood College workplace. The vast majority have resulted from social gatherings in violation of our protocols.
While we fully support every effort identified by our health care experts to curb the spread of this pandemic, we do not feel that moving classes to a fully online or exclusively remote format would advance that effort. We further recognize that abruptly changing how we are navigating this semester as planned would create significant hardship for many of our students, faculty, and staff.
As has been our practice since May of this year, we support those in our community whose choice is to attend class remotely and/or work remotely. Please communicate with faculty and/or supervisor with questions and concerns.
We will continue with our hybrid class delivery, with students on campus, and in full compliance with all state and local orders, as we have scheduled.
Thank you for all you do to keep our community safe.
Cor ad cor loquitur.
Andrew P. Manion, Ph.D.
Task Force Fall 2020
A work group charged with shaping the return to campus this fall. We remain committed to on-campus, in-person living and learning at Edgewood College, beginning with welcoming our newest students on Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Athletics Director & Head Baseball Coach
Director of Information Technology
V.P. for Student Development/Dean of Students
Executive Assistant to the President
Associate V.P. for Dominican Life and Mission
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Director of Residence Life
Director of Security & Transportation
V.P. for Enrollment Management
Director of Strategic Communications
Students, Faculty, and Staff Pledge 2020-'21
Preventing the spread
In order to do everything we can to keep all of our community as safe as possible, the Edgewood College community will adhere to a number of safety protocols during the 2020-2021 Academic Year as a way of minimizing risk of the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are based on guidelines provided by Public Health Madison Dane County.
As a member of this Community, I will…
- Wash my hands properly and regularly.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Comply with posted Public Health Madison Dane County requirements.
- Wear a mask covering my nose and mouth while in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Assist in the use of disinfectant wipes to clean shared public workspaces prior to use.
- Take reasonable precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Avoid public places and minimize interpersonal contacts if I have been exposed or have any symptoms of any illness.
- Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the College and follow any instructions to seek medical care or to quarantine.
- Agree to be tested for COVID-19, as prescribed by health care professionals. Agree to be cooperative and flexible as we work together to support one another and give our community the best balance of learning and safety.