Total: Total number of cases (Active and Recovered) among Students, Faculty, and Staff since tracking began.
Active: Positive cases not yet recovered.
Recovered: Able to resume normal activities.
* Numbers include students on and off campus
These pages are a resource for students, parents, and our entire community.
Welcome to the Fall Semester!
Aug 19, 2020, 10:00 AM
I want you all to know that the faculty and staff have done a tremendous amount of work preparing for your safe return. Don’t blow it. You may have seen the stories this week about colleges that have already been forced to return to fully online coursework. Each of these closures was caused by the same thing: students not following safety protocols. Let’s show everyone that Edgewood College students are smarter than that, and that we care enough about one another to do our part to keep Covid-19 away. Follow the safety procedures that have been established.
- Wear your mask.
- Wash your hands.
- Watch your distance.
If you feel symptoms, report it and isolate yourself. We have support for students with Covid-19 this semester, unless we get overwhelmed by too many cases at once, like has happened at UNC and Notre Dame because some of their students were (let’s face it) stupid.
We are all glad to see one another and be together again. If we work together and think about others, we can make this last through the semester. We ALL have a responsibility to our community do to our best to avoid the coronavirus. That includes saying something to our friends if they’re doing (or planning to do) something stupid.
Believe it or not, there are people who want us to fail, who can’t wait to say, “See? I told you those students couldn’t be trusted to come back safely.” I believe those people are wrong. Let’s show them we can do this.
Andrew P. Manion, Ph.D.
Task Force Fall 2020
A work group charged with shaping the return to campus this fall. We remain committed to on-campus, in-person living and learning at Edgewood College, beginning with welcoming our newest students on Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Athletics Director & Head Baseball Coach
Director of Information Technology
V.P. for Student Development/Dean of Students
Executive Assistant to the President
Associate V.P. for Dominican Life and Mission
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Director of Residence Life
Director of Security & Transportation
V.P. for Enrollment Management
Director of Strategic Communications
Students, Faculty, and Staff Pledge 2020-'21
Preventing the spread
In order to do everything we can to keep all of our community as safe as possible, the Edgewood College community will adhere to a number of safety protocols during the 2020-2021 Academic Year as a way of minimizing risk of the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are based on guidelines provided by Public Health Madison Dane County.
As a member of this Community, I will…
- Wash my hands properly and regularly.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Comply with posted Public Health Madison Dane County requirements.
- Wear a mask covering my nose and mouth while in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Assist in the use of disinfectant wipes to clean shared public workspaces prior to use.
- Take reasonable precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Avoid public places and minimize interpersonal contacts if I have been exposed or have any symptoms of any illness.
- Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the College and follow any instructions to seek medical care or to quarantine.
- Agree to be tested for COVID-19, as prescribed by health care professionals. Agree to be cooperative and flexible as we work together to support one another and give our community the best balance of learning and safety.