Edgewood Summer Scholars
July 6 – 10, 2020 (6th grade)
July 13 – 17, 2020 (7th grade)
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily
- The program is open to students entering sixth grade and seventh grade in the fall of 2020. All students, including those from public schools, private schools, and home-schooled students are welcome to apply. Students who apply should be behaviorally mature and ready for an advanced, supported academic challenge.
- Students from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Students applying will need to have a non-related adult complete a recommendation form for them as part of their application.
- 60 spots are available per grade.
- Students will attend four classes each day in the areas of Arts, Humanities, Social Science, and Natural Science.
- Classes will be project-based.
- Cost of the program is $400. Scholarships are available.
We know that the transition between elementary school and middle school is an important one for young people. We also know that successfully navigating that transition and building a self-image as an academically curious and successful person can impact the trajectory of a child’s future. Data suggests that participation in quality pre-college programming increases a child’s inclination toward attending college and it is our goal to encourage diversity in higher education. All these facts, coupled with Edgewood College’s commitment to community engagement and work toward building a just and compassionate world, have led us to develop Edgewood Summer Scholars.
Edgewood Summer Scholars is designed for a diverse group of students entering sixth and seventh grade in the fall of 2020, and will give them experiences that build their academic skills. Throughout each day, small groups will be led by Edgewood College students to various project-based classes taught by Edgewood College faculty. At the end of the week, there will be a student showcase and a mini graduation ceremony for family members. We are looking forward to a fabulous summer of exploration and discovery as we help build the next generation of leaders, scholars, and thinkers.
|8-8:30 am||Energy Boost!|
|8:30-9 am||Small group preview|
|9-10 am||Session #1|
|10-10:30 am||Small group time|
|10:30-11:30 am||Session #2|
|11:30-Noon||Small group time|
|1-2 pm||Session #3|
|2-2:30 pm||Small group time|
|2:30-3:30 pm||Session #4|
|3:30-4 pm||Small group debrief|