I found out that Edgewood College has one of the best veteran’s programs nationwide, and I felt that to be true right away.
Accelerated Business - Undergraduate
Earning your college degree will increase your marketability and earning potential in today's highly competitive job market. Our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business program allows you to earn a valuable degree from a respected, local institution.
Our program is versatile and prepares you to succeed in many areas of business. The flexible format allows you to balance work, home, and school. Our students call our classes challenging, inspiring, and - most of all - interactive.
- Accelerated format, with new courses starting every 8 weeks.
- Classes meet only one night a week. Remote or online options for most courses.
- Start and stop at your convenience, selecting the best time of year to complete your studies.
- Faculty members recognized for their ability to create classroom environments that mirror professional work settings. The skills learned can immediately be put to use.
- Financial aid and transfer credits available. Our counselors will assist in finding all the benefits you are eligible for.
- Accredited by the ACBSP - Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs.
Students must complete a total of 120 credits and attain a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 out of a 4.0 scale in order to receive your bachelor's degree.
Students are required to take the following Core Business Courses:
- ECON 255 GJ - Principles of Macroeconomics, 3 credits
- ECON 256 J - Principles of Microeconomics, 3 credits
- ENG 110 W - College Writing, 3 credits
- MATH 121 M - Statistics, 3 credits
- PHIL 101 T - Logic: Practice of Crit. Thinking, 3 credits
- UABUS 211 - Financial Accounting, 3 credits
- BUS 398 - Business Law, 3 credits
- BUS 399 - Corporate Finance, 3 credits
- BUS 448 - Operations Management, 3 credits
- BUS 449 G - Global Business, 3 credits
- BUS 475 or BUS 476 - Business or Accounting Internship, 3 credits
- UAORG 494 3 - Ethical Leadership in Organizations, 3 credits
Students have the option to select a General Business or Accounting concentration.
General Business Concentration:
- A minimum of 12 additional credits.
- Courses may be selected from BUS, COMMS, ORG, or SUST
- Students may take up to six credits of coursework from graduate level (600 or higher) course offerings.
- BUS 380 - Intermediate Accounting I, 3 Credits
- BUS 381 - Intermediate Accounting II, 3 Credits
- Three of the following courses:
- BUS 385 - Cost Accounting, 3 Credits
- BUS 481 – Auditing, 3 Credits
- BUS 483 - Accounting Systems, 3 Credits
- BUS 485 - Income Tax Accounting I, 3 Credits
- BUS 495 - Income Tax Accounting II, 3 Credits
General Education Requirements
In order to complete your Bachelor's degree, you must satisfy a variety of general education requirements. Liberal arts are the foundation of all our curricular offerings in the humanities, arts, sciences, and professional programs. The liberal arts education you receive is transformational and will prepare you for an exciting life of service, leadership and learning.
Many of the general education requirements may have already been met by courses you have taken at other institutions. Your advisor will assist in identifying which requirements you have fulfilled and how to best meet the remainder of the requirements with a personalized degree plan.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Completing your college degree is one of the best investments you will ever make in yourself and your future. While the benefits to personal growth are priceless, our program can expand your career options and enhance your earning power in today's highly competitive job market.
Adult Accelerated Program tuition for the 2021-2022 is $566 per credit (effective Summer 2021).
Financing your Edgewood College Degree
We have worked with thousands of students who have questioned how they could afford to complete their education. Our dedicated counselors will work with you to find creative solutions including tuition reimbursement plans, third party billing options, monthly payment plans, and help you navigate the federal financial aid process. Whatever your situation, we will work with you to support your future.
We encourage students to submit their application and admissions materials by the priority deadline. However, we will continue to accept applications on a continuous basis until the start of the session. Applications considered complete after the priority deadline can be considered for the next session.
New students may enroll for the sessions listed below. You can view our Academic Calendar for specific start dates.
- Spring Session I – January 1
- Spring Session II – March 1
- Summer Session – May 1
- Fall Session I – August 1
- Fall Session II – October 1
To be considered for admission:
- Submit a completed application. The application fee may be waived. Please contact an admissions counselor for more details.
- Completed high school five or more years ago.
- Submit official transcripts for all high school and undergraduate academic credits earned.
- Earned a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.5 or a GED minimum composite score of 628 with a score of no less than 157 in each content area. If your GPA does not meet the minimum 2.5, please contact the admissions counselor for further consultation. Exceptions may be made in certain circumstances.
Chase Gendron, USMC