Bachelor of Business Administration
Completing your college degree will increase your marketability and earning potential in today's highly competitive job market. The Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Edgewood College prepares you to succeed in many areas of business. The flexible format of the Edgewood College BBA program allows you to balance work, home and school. You'll finish fast and earn a degree you can be proud of.
Completing a BBA opens doors to many new professional opportunities. A degree can help you move up the ladder in your current organizations, change careers, pursue a graduate degree, or even open your own business.
- Finish your degree fast in our accelerated format. New courses start every 8 weeks. Classes meet only one night a week.
- You can start and stop at your convenience, selecting the best time of year to complete your studies.
- You will work closely with caring and committed advisors who act as your personal advocates from admissions to graduation.
- Faculty members are recognized for their ability to create classroom environments that mirror professional work settings. Our students call our classes challenging, inspiring, and - most of all - interactive. The skills you'll learn can immediately be put to use in your current profession.
- At Edgewood College, we recognize that not all learning takes place within a classroom. Our Credit for Prior Learning Program is designed to help students earn credit for knowledge and skills learned through life and work experience. If you qualify, you'll have a head start in completing your degree even faster.
- Financial aid and transfer credits are available and our counselors will assist you in finding all the benefits you are eligible for.
- Earn a valuable degree from a respected, local institution.
- Edgewood College has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best National University,” among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes, and a “Best in the Midwest College” by Princeton Review.
- Accreditation - The School of Business at Edgewood College is a member of ACBSP - Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs.
Core Business Courses
All Bachelor of Business Administration students are required to take the following Core Business Courses:
- UAMATH 123/124 Math Models I/II 2/2 cr. *
- UAMATH 125/126 Statistics I/II 2/2 cr. *
- UAECO 163 F4 Micro-Economics 4 cr.
- UAECO 164 F4 Macro-Economics 4 cr.
- UAENG 306 Professional Communications 4 cr.
- UABUS 211 Financial Accounting 4 cr.
- UABUS 212 Managerial Accounting 4 cr. *
- UABUS 311 Marketing Principles 4 cr.
- UABUS 312 Management Concepts 4 cr.
- UABUS 313 Corporate Finance 4 cr. *
- UABUS 314 Business Law 4 cr.
- UABUS 315 Operations Management 4 cr. *
- UABUS 402 Human Issues: Social Resp. of Business 4 cr. *
- UABUS 490 Strategic Business Practices 4 cr. *
- UACS 157: Computers in the Workplace 4 cr.
- UAPHIL 168 Professional Ethics 4 cr.
* course has prerequisites
There are three concentrations within the Bachelor of Business Administration degree – Accounting, Management, and Marketing. You will select one of these concentrations as part of your degree completion plan. Each concentration requires the completion of 3 courses in addition to the Core Business Courses.
- UABUS 400 Organizational Management 4 cr.
- UABUS 401 Improv. Organizational Effectiveness 4 cr.
- UABUS 445 Exploring Entrepreneurship 4 cr. OR the International Business Trip (UABUS 493/494)
- UABUS 320/321 Intermediate Accounting I
- UABUS 322/323 Intermediate Accounting II
- UABUS 325 Cost Accounting OR
- UABUS 326/327 Tax Accounting I
- UABUS 431 Market Research 4 cr. *
- UABUS 430 Consumer Behavior 4 cr. *
- UABUS 429 Advertising & Promotion Strategy 4 cr. * OR
- UABUS 433 Professional Selling & Sales Management 4 cr. *
* course has prerequisites
You may also choose to obtain a minor in Computer Information Systems or Organizational Behavior and Leadership as part of your degree. Or you may pursue a comprehensive Business/CIS major, which combines the BS-CIS degree and courses within the BBA program. Contact your academic advisor for more details.
General Education Requirements
Edgewood College is a liberal arts institution founded in the Dominican tradition. The liberal arts are the foundation of all our curricular offerings in the humanities, arts, sciences, and professional programs. In order to complete your Bachelor's degree, you must satisfy a variety of general education requirements. These requirements fall into the categories of:
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematical Thinking and Quantitative Literacy
- Information and Technological Literacy
- Experience and Study of the Arts
- Reflection on Human Culture, Values and Ideas
- Exploration of the Natural World
- Analysis of Human Behavior and Social Structure
- Environmental Perspectives
- Global Perspectives
- Multicultural Perspectives
- Gender Perspectives
- World Languages
Many of these general education requirements may be met by courses you may have taken at other institutions. Edgewood College offers an broad variety of courses that will help you meet these general education requirements. Your advisor will assist you in identifying which requirements you have fulfilled and how best to meet the remainder of the requirements within your personal degree completion plan. A total of 120 credits and a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 are required to receive your bachelor's degree.
You'll be transformed by your educational experience at Edgewood College. The liberal arts education you receive here will prepare you for an exciting life of service, leadership and learning.
Our advisors will be happy to set up a personal consultation with you to review your educational background and create a degree completion plan designed just for you. Contact Tami Koepsel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 663-3404 to arrange a personal appointment to discuss your goals and options.
Credit for Prior Learning
At Edgewood College, we recognize that not all learning takes place within a classroom. Our Credit for Prior Learning Program is designed to help you earn credit for knowledge and skills learned through life and work experience. If you qualify, you’ll have a head start in completing your degree even faster.
There are two ways to obtain credit:
- Take and pass CLEP or DSST Examinations. These are nationally standardized exams that allow students to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material.
- Prepare a Portfolio under the direction of the College’s Coordinator of Credit for Prior Learning Program that shows you have met the learning outcomes required for a general education course.
Our advisors can answer any questions you might have about the Credit for Prior Learning program. Please contact Tami Koepsel or for more detailed information about the program at Edgewood College, please follow this link.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Completing your college degree will increase your marketability and earning potential in today's highly competitive job market.
Adult College Completion tuition for the 2019-20 year (beginning Summer 2019) is $536 per credit. The total cost of completing your BBA degree will depend on any transfer credits you may have from other institutions. Our admissions counselors would be happy to meet with you to create a personalized degree completion plan that would include an estimate of your total cost. We can also provide information about potential financial aid and share creative ideas that other students have used to finance their education.
- A minimum age of 22 prior to the start of classes in term of enrollment. Waivers for students less than 22 years of age considered on an individual basis.
- Two years full-time work experience or equivalent.
- GPA: First time students must have earned a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.5 or a GED score of 278. Transfer students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in at least 12 academic credits from an accredited college.
- A completed application. ($30 application fee).
- Official transcripts. Please request that official transcripts for all high school and undergraduate academic credits earned be sent to: GPS Admissions, 1000 Edgewood College Dr, Madison, WI 53711
Bobbi-SchohEdgewood College made it easy for me, a full-time working adult, to return to school to complete my Bachelor's degree by structuring the program in a way that was efficient yet effective. From the course requirements to the materials studied to the professors, the Adult College Completion program cultivated an intellectual excitement in me that I did not even know was possible.Bobbi Schoh, BBA