Nursing Doctoral Programs
The graduate nursing programs at Edgewood College hold a mission designed to develop nurses into leaders with advanced knowledge, Dominican values, and the ability to contribute to the changing, diverse healthcare environment. Advanced practice roles in nursing require further enhancement of critical reasoning and decision making skills as theory is translated into practice.
- Programs are fully online
- Choose from several pathways: BSN to MSN to DNP, post-Master’s DNP
- Enrolling every Fall, Spring and Summer Semester
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Upcoming Info Sessions
Candidates for the DNP program apply using this application. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the School of Nursing for admission consideration. A completed application includes the following items:
- Complete DNP application
- Official post-secondary transcripts from all institutions attended
- Reason for Study Essay
- Express your professional objectives and how Edgewood College’s DNP program will contribute toward your role as a nursing leader
- Describe an issue related to quality of practice or healthcare system improvement you are considering for your DNP project (preliminary ideas)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two letters must come from nursing colleagues (at least one from a supervisor) that can address potential competency in graduate level studies
- One letter should come from a former faculty member from your MSN program who is qualified to evaluate academic competence for doctoral study
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- A scholarly writing sample that best exemplifies your writing and composition skills (this can be a sample from your master's program)
- Proof of licensure (required) and certification (optional)
- International students must submit TOEFL scores. Learn more.
Once applicants successfully complete the online application, they will receive an email request to submit additional materials (transcripts, essay, letters of recommendation, resume, and licenses) directly to Edgewood College.
**Note application process exception for candidates who already have an Edgewood College MSN: Those who have earned an MSN from Edgewood College within the past 3 years and received at least a 3.3 GPA are guaranteed admission into the DNP program upon application. If a candidate has not met the minimum 3.3 GPA requirement, he/she must apply and meet for an interview to be considered for admittance.
Prior to beginning the DNP program’s residency requirements, students will be required to complete a health form, criminal background check, and proof of a current RN license from the state/country in which they plan to complete their residency.
The baccalaureate, master’s degree in nursing, and doctor of nursing practice programs at Edgewood College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Kristin LueschowThe rigor of the coursework definitely has been challenging and enriching. I can apply what I'm learning today in my current role. Obtaining a DNP at Edgewood College is helping me a better resource for my organization now and in the future.Kristin Lueschow