Man working on Laptop while sitting on the pier at Lake Wingra
Why Edgewood College Online?
- Small class size. Our online classes are limited to 15-20 students so faculty can provide a high level of personal attention and support to all students.
- Expertly-prepared online faculty. Online classes are led by the same dedicated and knowledgeable faculty who teach in our traditional degree programs. In addition, all of our online instructors participate in a rigorous 7-week online faculty certification program which prepares them to create engaging and meaningful online learning experiences. We believe that the best way for our instructors to experience the online student perspective is to take an online course themselves!
- Commitment to student success. Faculty and advisors provide personalized support every step of the way.
- Values-based education--online. Edgewood College, rooted in the Dominican tradition, engages students within a community of learners committed to building a just and compassionate world. The College educates students for meaningful personal and professional lives of ethical leadership, service, and a lifelong search for truth. We don’t just print our values on a banner—we actively incorporate them in all courses.
- Close-knit community of learners. Edgewood College Online creates engaged and inclusive academic communities – online.
- High course quality standards and fully accredited. Edgewood College is a member of the Online Learning Consortium, a national organization dedicated to quality online teaching and learning. The College is also a member of Quality Matters TM, a nationally recognized, professional course review process to certify the quality of online courses. Edgewood College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Edgewood College has been approved by Wisconsin to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
How do our online courses fit your busy life?
Need flexibility? - Online classes are asynchronous – while there are weekly assignments and deadlines, you can log on anytime that fits your schedule.
Time commitment? You can expect to spend about 12 to 15 hours per week on course assignments and activities.
Instructor availability? Our responsive online instructors are available through email, Web conferencing (such as Skype), or phone. In most cases, they will respond to your inquiries within 48 hours.
Totally online? A few programs require a face-to-face session or two during the course of the entire degree completion schedule. See the Degree Requirements section of each individual program for details.
Can’t decide on in-person vs. face-to-face courses? Some programs offer the flexibility to switch between taking classes online and face-to-face, depending upon your schedule and needs.
What learning management system (LMS) will I use? Blackboard is our online classroom. You’ll be auto-enrolled in a free Blackboard orientation site prior to starting your online course so you can explore Blackboard’s features at your own pace.
Tech support? Our Technology Assistance Center (TAC) serves online students via phone and email requests 7 days per week.
Is online learning right for you?
If you can answer “yes” to the questions below, online learning at Edgewood College will likely be a good fit for you.
- Are you self-motivated?
- Do you possess strong time management and organizational skills?
- Do you enjoy communicating and collaborating with others at a distance?
- Do you have regular access to an Internet-connected computer or mobile device, preferably with a Webcam?
- Are you comfortable with basic technologies such as email, Web search engines, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word?
- Do you need to be able to access your course from many locations, all without traveling to campus?