10 Things You Should Know About DVR
Top 10 Things You Should Know About DVR
1.DVR is here to help you find or keep a job.
2. You are eligible for DVR services if you have a disability that makes it hard for you to find or keep a job and you need DVR services to deal with your disability limitations. After you apply, DVR has 60 days to decide if you are eligible.
3. Information about your DVR case is protected by confidentiality rules, which your counselor will explain.
4. When DVR cannot serve everyone who applies, we use a waiting list called Order of Selection. If you are put on the waiting list, DVR will contact you when you can receive services.
5. You have a right to choose your job goal and the services you need to reach your goal. DVR will give you the help you need to make informed choices about your services. You and your DVR counselor will agree to your Employment Plan.
6. There is no charge to you for evaluation, counseling, job development and placement or post-employment services. You may be required to share the cost of some services, but your counselor will talk to you about any costs before services start.
7. If you disagree with a decision that DVR makes, you can contact the Client Assistance Program (CAP) at 800-362-1290 for help or to assist with an appeal. CAP can help explain the DVR process, why and how decisions are made and may help resolve problems.
8. DVR can’t help you if you don’t share information about your life:
- Contact DVR at least once a month – more often if anything changes with your case.
- Call if you are going to miss a meeting with DVR.
9. Between your meetings with DVR staff you will be asked to do the things listed in your Employment Plan as your responsibility. Your Employment Plan is written to help you reach your goal – take responsibility for your program.
10. When you have received the services listed in your Employment Plan and you have reached your job goal, your DVR case will be closed. Your counselor will talk to you before your case is closed. You can reapply for DVR if something changes in your life and you need our employment services again.