Graduate International Student Admission Requirements
If you have any questions, our Admissions team is ready to assist you through the application process. Please contact Joann Eastman - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-663-3250.
Fall (August) Admission: May 1
Spring (January) Admission: November 1
Documents must be official. All documents should be mailed or delivered to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Graduate students applying to Edgewood College will need to complete the following steps to be considered for admission:
1. Apply for Admission:
- Students must submit an International Graduate Application
- Submit a color copy of identity/photo page from your passport. If attending with spouse or child(ren), we will need copies of their passports as well.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applicants must prove English proficiency by submitting ONE of the following documents:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org) score of 80 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT) or 550 or higher on the paper-based test.
- IELTS (www.ielts.org) score of 6.0 or higher.
- A transcript demonstrating 24 credits of successful U.S. academic coursework. (ESL courses not applicable.)
- Completing 700-level coursework at WESLI (Wisconsin English Language Institute www.wesli.com)
3. Submit Previous Education Records
- Official copies of all college/university transcripts and certified translations into English of all transcripts not originally in English.
- Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be reviewed by an approved international credential evaluator. Please request a detailed course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org), World Education Service (www.wes.org), or One Earth International Credential Evaluations. (www.oneearthevaluations.org)
- Post-secondary degree must meet the cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Averages below 2.75 will be reviewed and considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
4. Program Requirements
Individual programs have their own specific admission requirements. You will need to submit specific requirements for each program in addition to the materials indicated in 1 to 3 above. Please note international students may apply for the programs listed below, however, a Form 1-20 can only be issued for certain programs. Please contact an admissions counselor for more details.
5. Certification of Finances/I 20 Process (J-1 or F-1 Visa).
Graduate students requesting an I-20 (F-1 visa status) or a DS-2019 (J-1 visa status) for the 2021 -2022 school year should be able to demonstrate the ability to pay at least $29,814 USD per year. Please note this amount is an estimate and is subject to change at any time. Tuition varies by program. Please contact an admissions counselor for more details.
|Tuition and Fees||$12,624|
|Housing and Meals||$10,575|
|Other (books, insurance, misc.)||$6,615|
|Total (if no dependents)|
($8,000 additional for each dependent)
Financial Document Requirements:
- Must be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps
- Must be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
- Must include both the sponsor’s name and student’s name exactly as it appears on student’s application.
- Must be dated within six months of application date.
- If student's name is NOT listed on financial document, a signed Financial Affidavit is required.
- If financial statement are in the student's name, no additional documentation is required.
Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.
Although Edgewood College offers on-campus employment opportunities, it is necessary that each student evaluates the cost of attending Edgewood College and is prepared to finance it totally. Tuition and fees for each term must be paid in full prior to beginning classes.