International Students at Sonderegger.

International Student Admission Requirements for Degree-seeking Undergraduate (Freshman) and Transfer Students

If you any questions, our Admissions team is ready to assist you through the application process. Please contact Maureen Zach -

Application Deadline -

Fall (August) Admission:             May 1
Spring (January) Admission:       November 1

Documents must be official; photocopies, scanned or email documents will NOT be reviewed or accepted. All documents should be mailed or delivered to:

Edgewood College
Undergraduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Undergraduate and Transfer students applying to Edgewood College will need to complete the following steps to be considered for admission:

1. Apply for Admission:

  • Students must submit an Undergraduate Application for Admissions.
  • Submit an application fee of thirty US dollars ($30.00). This fee is non-refundable.
  • Submit a color copy of identity/photo page from your passport. If attending with spouse or child(ren), we will need copies of their passports as well.

    2. Proof of English Language Proficiency     (for applicants whose primary language is not English).

    Applicants must prove English proficiency by submitting ONE of the following documents: 

    • TOEFL ( score of 71 or higher on the internet-based test or 525 or higher on the paper-based test.
    • IELTS ( score of 6.0 or higher.
    • Completion of the ELS Level 112 intensive program.
    • A transcript demonstrating successful completion of 1 year of college-level work in English (ESL courses not applicable.)
    • Letter of recommendation from an approved ESL instructor from the Wisconsin English Language Institute (WESLI - or Madison English as a Second Language School (MESLS -

         3. Submit Previous Education Records

        • High school secondary school academic record. Original copies of all diplomas, certificates, grade reports and test results received upon completion of high school.
        • Transfer Students:
          - If you have completed any college or university-level courses, you are required to present an official transcript from each college/university attended.
          - If you have studied at a college/university outside of the U.S., you must submit an evaluation of credits from an approved international credential evaluation. Please request a detailed course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. ( or World Education Services (
          - Academic records are reviewed based on a minimum 2.0 (4.0 system) cumulative grade point average (GPA) having a minimum of 12 transferable credits for transfer. Requirements may be higher if you are planning to enroll in certain academic programs.

            4. Proof of Financial Support

            Traditional Undergraduate students requesting an I 20 (J-1 or F-1 Visa) for the 2016 -2017 school year should be able to demonstrate the ability to pay at least $43,888 USD per year. Please note that this amount is an estimate and is subject to change at any time.

            Undergraduate Tuition and Fees $27,530
            Housing and Meals $9,870
            Other (books, insurance, misc.) $6,488
            Total (if no depedents)
            ($8,000 additional for each dependent)

            Financial Document Requirements:

            • Must be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps.
            • Must be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
            • Must include both the sponsor’s name and student’s name exactly as it appears on student’s application.
            • Must be dated within six months of application date.
            • If student's name is NOT listed on financial document, a signed Financial Affidavit is required.
            • If financial statement is in the student's name, no additional documentation is required.

            Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.

            Although Edgewood College offers on-campus employment opportunities, it is necessary that each student evaluates the cost of attending Edgewood College and is prepared to finance it totally. Tuition and fees for each term must be paid in full prior to beginning classes.