International Student Admission Requirements for Degree-seeking Undergraduate (Freshman) and Transfer Students
If you any questions, our Admissions team is ready to assist you through the application process. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Application Deadline -
Fall (August) Admission: May 1
Spring (January) Admission: November 1
Documents must be official; documents submitted will be carefully reviewed and further verification may be required if deemed necessary. Photocopies or scanned documents will NOT be reviewed or accepted. All documents can be emailed, mailed or delivered to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Undergraduate and Transfer students applying to Edgewood College will need to complete the following steps to be considered for admission:
1. Apply for Admission:
- Students must submit an Undergraduate Application for Admissions.
- Submit a color copy of identity/photo page from your passport. If attending with spouse or child(ren), we will need copies of their passports as well.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency (for applicants whose primary language is not English).
Applicants must prove English proficiency by submitting ONE of the following documents:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org) score of 61 or higher on the internet-based test or 500 or higher on the paper-based test.
- IELTS (www.ielts.org) score of 5.5 or higher.
- PTE Academic ( www.pearsonpte.com) score of 44 or higher.
- iTEP Academic Plus with score of 3.8 or higher.
- DuoLingo of 105 or better.
- Completion of the ELS Level 112 intensive program.
- A transcript demonstrating successful completion of 1 year of college-level work in English (ESL courses not applicable.)
- Letter of recommendation from an approved ESL instructor from the Wisconsin English Language Institute (WESLI - www.wesli.com)
3. Submit Previous Education Records
- High school secondary school academic record. Original copies of all diplomas, certificates, grade reports and test results received upon completion of high school.
- Transfer Students:
- If you have completed any college or university-level courses, you are required to present an official transcript from each college/university attended.
- If you have studied at a college/university outside of the U.S., you must submit an evaluation of credits from an approved international credential evaluation. Please request a detailed course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. World Education Services, or One Earth International Credential Evaluations.
- Academic records are reviewed based on a minimum 2.5 (4.0 system) cumulative grade point average (GPA) having a minimum of 12 transferable credits for transfer. Requirements may be higher if you are planning to enroll in certain academic programs.
4. Proof of Financial Support
Traditional Undergraduate students requesting an I-20 (F-1 visa status) or a DS-2019 (J-1 visa status) for the 2023-2024 school year should be able to demonstrate the ability to pay at least $54,040 USD per year. Please note that this amount is an estimate and is subject to change at any time.
|Living expenses (9 months)||$12,590*|
|Living expenses for dependent(s)||($8,000 per dependent,|
not included in total)
|Other (books, insurance, misc.)||$6,600**|
Please complete and submit the Affidavit of Financial Support with a supporting bank letter(s)/statement(s).
5. Enrollment Deposit
Admitted international students will pay a $300 non-refundable* enrollment deposit. This deposit will apply directly to first term tuition.
* Students are eligible to receive a refund if they are denied a visa at their visa appointment; in order to receive the refund students must submit supporting documentation for the visa denial.
International transfer students who are admitted to Edgewood College and who transfer 12 or more credits from an accredited U.S. college or university are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships. No additional application is required to receive these scholarships. Continuous, full-time enrollment is required.
Award based on GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
|$10,000/year||4.00 - 3.50|
|$9,500/year||3.49 - 3.25|
|$9,000/year||3.24 - 3.00|
|$8,500/year||2.99 - 2.75|
|$8,000/year||2.74 - 2.50|