Dean of Students FAQ

I am not sure where to start with my problem.

Come to the Dean of Students Office in Predolin 215. Start here for help!

I am struggling in one of my classes, what can I do?

If you're struggling academically, please let your professor know. You can talk with them after class, go to see them during their office hours or use the contact information on your syllabus. The next step would be to contact your academic advisor. They will review your classes and help you develop strategies for balancing your studies with your personal life. COR1 students can also discuss any academic challenges with their faculty mentor.

I want to get involved, but am not sure where to begin. What advice do you have?

The Office of Student Involvement (OSI), in Predolin 242 is a great resource in finding activities no matter your interests. As a matter of fact, if you have an idea for a new activity or student organization, the OSI can help you get it started! For more information visit: Student Activities

I am concerned about my finances - where can I go for help?

Two great resources are Financial Literacy Services and the financial aid office.

I am worried about a friend, what resources are here at Edgewood that can help them?

  • Depending on your worry, there are many options available for you and your friend. You can always start by coming in to talk with someone in the Dean of Students office located in Predolin 215.
  • If you are worried about your friend's physical health, please refer them to the Health Center in Predolin 208; their phone number is (608) 663-8334.
  • If you are worried that they will harm themselves, please contact an AC, RA, Hall Director, Personal Counseling Services, Health Services or Security immediately at one of the following numbers:
    • Hall Directors:
      • Siena, Weber, East Regina, West Regina: Hollie McCrea Olson, Woodrow Area Director: (608) 663-7900
      • Dominican (including Dominican Apts), Marshall, Stevie: Megan Armstrong, Megan Armstrong: (608) 663-6940
    • Commuter Assistance: Anjali Pattanayak, Assistant Director of Student Involvement: (608) 663-2257
    • Personal Counseling Services: (608) 663-2281
    • Health Services: (608) 663-8334
    • Security: (608) 663-4321

I am having problems with a professor - what do I do?

  • If you would like support in thinking through how to approach your professor, please contact your advisor or the Dean of Students office (Predolin 215).
  • COR1 students can also discuss their concerns with their COR1 faculty mentor.
  • If you have a serious complaint or concern - please contact your academic department's chair or the Academic Dean's office.

I am having problems with my roommate, I need to talk with someone.

Having a roommate can be an exciting and scary situation when you start college. You should always attempt to resolve conflicts with your roommate by first having a calm, rational discussion. If you've already tried that, your RA is a valuable resource in helping you and your roommate settle any disagreements. Often times, having a third party mediate will allow you to understand each other's viewpoints and come to a resolution.

My son/daughter is struggling and is not opening up to his/her parents, can your office help?

Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Edgewood College is limited in the amount of information that can be shared with parents and family about adult students. However, if you have concerns about a student, please call us at (608) 663-2212 so we can check in with the student and offer assistance if needed.