Edgewood College Complaints Process
Please use this form to submit a complaint with the college.
Beginning July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended (the “Program Integrity Rule”), take effect. The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more States ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:
- Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
- Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
- Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.
Edgewood College, as an institution authorized to provide postsecondary education in the State of Wisconsin, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule, and provides the following confirmation to all current and/or prospective students:
The Higher Learning Commission accredits Edgewood College. You may review the College’s accreditation documents at: https://www.edgewood.edu/about/accreditation
Edgewood College seeks to resolve all student concerns in a timely and effective manner. To that end, this complaint process serves as an ongoing means for students to discuss concerns or register formal complaints that pertain to alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising; alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.
The Offices of the Academic Dean, Dean of Students, Admissions, Business Office, Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid all provide specific administrative means to address and resolve most, if not all of the questions and concerns you may have. The contact information for each of these Offices is provided below:
- Academic Dean’s Office (academic programs, accreditation): 608-663-2200/ AcademicDeansOffice@edgewood.edu
- Dean of Students (student and campus life): 608-663-2313/DeanofStudentsOffice@edgewood.edu
- Admissions Office (admissions eligibility): 608-663-2294/Admissions@edgewood.edu
- Business Office (tuition/fee payments): 608-663-2229/BusinessOffice@edgewood.edu
- Registrar’s Office (academic records): 608-663-3256/Registrar@edgewood.edu
- Edgewood Central (loans, scholarships, grants): 608-663-4300/Ecentral@edgewood.edu
It is expected that students will fully utilize any/all of the College’s administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in as timely a manner as possible. On occasion, however, a student may believe that these administrative procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule. In those select cases, please refer to the resources listed in this document.