Care for Acute Illness & Injuries
The following services are available to students:
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor illness, injury, and emergencies
- Physical Exams
- Counseling and consultations for special problems, such as: eating disorders, stress-related illness, alcohol and other substance use, depression, and anxiety.
- Throat cultures; pregnancy testing; blood tests; urine dip-sticks
- Pap/Pelvic STI testing for men and women
- TB skin testing
- Suture removal
- Immunizations, including tetanus, meningitis, measles, hepatitis
- Travel Immunizations
- Annual flu shots
- Information and consultation on: nutrition, physical fitness, emotional well-being, weight control, high blood pressure, stress reduction, drug and alcohol abuse, reproductive issues, sexually transmitted diseases.
- Smoking cessation
- Limited or starter supplies of over-the counter medications such as ibuprofen, cold and allergy capsules, or bandages may be provided as appropriate, at no charge.
- Limited prescription medications available on-site/written prescriptions
- Referrals for specialist care. When students require advanced diagnostic tests or specialty care, the Health Center is happy to help them with a referral to an appropriate provider in the community. Students are responsible for contacting their insurance carriers to determine which providers may be covered under their plans.