Adjunct Instructor for Mathematics
Description of Job
- Teach three sections of MATH 099B on Mondays & Wednesdays from 9:00 – 9:50, 10:00 – 10:50, and 11:00 – 11:50. There is a possibility that sections from 1:00 – 1:50 and 2:00 – 2:50 could be offered to the candidate too depending on student enrollment.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- An Undergraduate Degree in Mathematics or a closely related discipline; Master’s Degree and/or PhD preferred.
- Experience working with undergraduates in the classroom
- Experience working with diverse learners in the classroom
- Experience working with learners on ways to be successful in the classroom
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with department peers and others on campus
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ADJM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer