Description of Job
Design and Production
- Provide high-quality design and production services. Produce ideas, content, and designs that move and motivate audiences, including prospective students, donors, alumni and friends, and parents, while staying true to the Edgewood College brand and general marketing messaging.
- Integrate campaign concepts across all print and digital platforms.
- Review all significant College communications before they are published to assure consistency with established College graphic standards, and quality standards.
- Maintain archive of graphic files and images for ready-access.
- Work with IT to keep design tools up-to-date with graphic industry standards.
- Perform role of Project Manager for publication projects, including Magazine, viewbooks, and other collateral.
- Recommend and implement ways to strengthen the College’s visual identity, the quality of the Office’s work, and the level of service.
- Participate in planning sessions for key marketing programs and provide ideas on creative strategy, design, and production.
- Manage work-flow and workload of the design and production area.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve efficient operations.
- Keep Executive Director of Marketing & Strategic Communications informed on status of current and upcoming projects.
- Create and maintain an annual master calendar for major design and production projects.
- Work with the Executive Director of Marketing & Strategic Communications to maintain, append (as needed), and communicate graphic standards.
- Work with others to ensure consistent use of graphic standards across media.
- Schedule and provide art direction for photo shoots as needed.
- Manage relationships with key vendors, including photographers, printers, and freelancers.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and mentor work-study students.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- Portfolio that demonstrates advanced design proficiency across multiple marketing channels (Print, web, email).
- Experience in project management
- Two to three years’ experience in design
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to design and produce high quality, complex publications, including magazines and brochures, both print and online
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven, multiple-project environment
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, maturity, professional image, positive attitude, and the ability to develop productive relationships with clients, peers, superiors, subordinates, and vendors
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of MAC and PC systems
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ARTM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer