Assistant Athletic Trainer
Description of Job
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will be responsible for supporting the medical coverage of the athletic training room and select athletic teams. Edgewood College sponsors 18 NCAA Division III sports (more than 320 student-athletes) and is a member of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) of the NCAA.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist the Director of Sports Medicine with the coordination and delivery of athletic training services to the student-athletes of Edgewood College, including but not limited to: evaluation and treatment of injuries at practices and games, design and supervision of rehabilitation programs, education and counseling of student-athletes, administration of athletic training operations as assigned, referral of injured athletes to appropriate physicians according to the department’s insurance guidelines.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is a full-time, 10-month position.
- Provide athletic training services to student-athletes as allowed under the State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing as a certified Athletic Trainer.
- Provide prevention screening, treatment and rehabilitation as well as, ethical, timely and appropriate medical advice to student-athletes regarding athletic related injuries/illnesses.
- Provide sports medicine support at all assigned, home and select, away athletic contests.
- Manage and maintain student-athlete insurance information.
- Maintain accurate records of athletic injuries, physical modalities, rehabilitation programs, and physician visits, utilizing department platforms.
- Assist in administrative responsibilities including equipment purchase/maintenance and inventory of athletic training supplies.
- Clearly communicate with members of the Sports Medicine Team of Physicians, Chiropractors, Director of Health Services, and other health providers within limits of the existing laws.
- Act as a neutral liaison between student-athletes and coaches, administrators and faculty.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- BOC Certification (BOC)
- State of Wisconsin Licensure eligible (Athletic Training Licensure)–must obtain within 90 days of
- Current CPR/AED certification for Health Care Providers or Professional Rescuers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field, or equivalent Master’s Degree in Athletic Training
- Experience in an academic environment (desired)
- Collegiate athletic training experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and acceptance of the NCAA III Philosophy
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for Athletic Training
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Desire to work as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have and maintain valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with various injury tracking software platforms
- Training in basic Athletic Training modalities
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ASAT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer