Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
Description of Job
- Develop and implement strategies for building the funnel at each stage including increasing inquiries, applicants, and admits.
- Implement basic marketing tasks such production of basic/branded handouts, write and brand email messages, manage basic social media content to improve numbers and make basic web updates to pertinent sections of the website.
- Identify and work in partnership with Enrollment Management Leadership to eliminate and/or reduce and/or work around barriers.
- Develop high-quality information sessions, organize recruitment events, and other activities to connect with, engage, and inform future students.
- Create and modify communication plans as needed.
Collaboration and Outreach
- Develop effective partnerships internally with the School’s staff and faculty.
- Attend regular school and program functions including, but not limited to, faculty meetings and retreats and other meetings deemed necessary.
- Network and travel regionally to build and/or expand on existing beneficial relationships with students, parents, alumni, educators, corporations, and other targeted individuals and audiences. Support existing strategic partnerships and assist in the establishment of new partnerships.
- Build effective external partnerships by being physically present in most Dane County and surrounding area clinics, hospitals, school districts and technical colleges that serve as key feeders for Edgewood College.
- Identify target markets and community partnerships through market research, data analysis, and relationship cultivation to build successful new graduate enrollment pipelines.
- Participate in education fairs and new student orientations. Provide regular contact and follow-up services for community outreach. Develop relationships between Edgewood College and the wider community. Facilitate development, implementation, and annual assessment of recruitment plan for respective programs.
- Administration (continuous)- Maintain complete records of activities. Collaborate with staff to help attain common goals through participation in meetings, project teams, training, and planning activities.
- Track, manage, and report on inquiries, applicants, admits, and enrollees. Facilitate enrollment goal setting. Follow up on leads generated through referrals, marketing, and other promotional efforts. Hold individual appointments with prospective students as needed and assist students through all steps of the admission process. Connect students with correct personnel to answer specific program-related questions.
- Be intimately knowledgeable about academic programs by meeting with all the program leads on a regular basis. Develop a very strong understanding of the programs Edgewood College offers and articulate why students should want to pursue their career advancement goals with us.
- Development a strong understanding of the health care and business industry in order to speak to prospective students needs and wants.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (desired)
- Experience working within a college or university setting (desired)
Required Knowledge and Skills
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication and presentation skills with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines that change rapidly
- Ability to effectively lead staff and students
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to learn Infomaker and other internal data management tools
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ADRG
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer