Description of Job
Coordination of Office Operations
- In all tasks and responsibilities, maintain the integrity and security of students’ academic records.
- Represent the Registrar’s Office and serve as office leader when the Registrar is not available.
- As assigned by Registrar, lead projects and tasks related to the maintenance and evolution of the software systems used to record all aspects of the student life cycle, including specifically Jenzabar (the student information system) and periphery systems - Feith, Ad Astra, Credentials, DIGARC, TES, Transferology, Acadeum).
- Work closely with the Registrar and Assistant Registrar to:
- Create efficient and accurate business processes which result in providing clear information to students, faculty, and staff
- Ensure that all regularly scheduled processes and audit reports are completed on time (priority registration communications, end of term processes, commencement preparations, diploma printing, etc).
- In collaboration with the Registrar, manage the submission of forms to be processed to maintain the accuracy of the student record and ensure that all forms are completed and filed correctly in the imaging system.
- Disseminate important deadline and academic information to customers and partner offices as appropriate through a variety of communication mechanisms (email, website, EC Today, Wingra Weekly, etc).
- Create annual internal calendar of important student and faculty deadlines and internal processing dates in coordination with the Academic Deans Office.
- Submit compliance reports, as assigned by Registrar.
- Redefine business processes when required, due to such things as functionality changes, organizational restructuring, staffing changes, etc.
- Document and communicate all process changes to Registrar’s Office and Edgewood Central staff.
- Provide back-up assistance with primary tasks of other professional staff as needed.
Policy Development and Revisions
- Maintain, review, revise, develop and implement institutional academic policies.
- Serve as a FERPA resource for all campus constituencies (faculty, staff, students).
- Work collaboratively across departments to ensure that services are delivered in a well-integrated, effective and timely manner.
- Participate on college-wide committees and work groups as appropriate.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ progressively responsible experience in a Registrar’s Office required.
- Strong customer service background required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with a student information system, managing business processes, and analyzing data required.
- Proven ability to assess and implement new and emerging technologies.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving abilities are a must.
- Ability to interpret complex policies and operational protocols and make decisions related to individual circumstances.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ACRG
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer