Freshmen Admissions Counselor
Description of Job
Admissions Counseling/Advising Prospective Students and Outreach
- Promote Edgewood College and illustrate our strategic advantage in the marketplace.
- Counsel prospective students and their families on the admissions process, and financial aid by phone, email, and in person.
- Represent the Admissions Office at on-campus and off-campus events and programming for prospective students. Travel will be required to high schools and various college fairs. College car provided.
- Research national, regional, state, and institutional trends and execute a recruitment plan for attracting, recruiting, and enrolling new entering first year students.
- Evaluate recruitment strategies and manage student outreach and communication for an assigned territory or special student population.
- Review admission applications and evaluate credential to make admissions decisions.
- Complete routine reports related to recruitment goals and enrollment projections.
- Assist in designing & creating partnerships with pre-college programs such as AVID/TOPS, Early College Credit Programming.
Coordination of campus events and programming
- Assist in the coordination and development of on-campus events for prospective students.
- Assist in designing new programs that attract prospective students.
Marketing and Communications
- Contribute to the marketing and communication campaigns that target prospective students.
- Review marketing materials and assist with identifying students who can be featured in future publications.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Admissions, Sales, Advising, Education or Student Affairs.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute as a member of the admissions team.
- Self-directed in developing and completing projects, recruitment plans, etc.
- Ability to work fluctuating and irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel 80% of the time during peak travel seasons.
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be able to drive a College-owned vehicle for high school visits and college fairs. The incumbent must successfully complete a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Preference for a bilingual candidate with the ability to write and speak in Spanish proficiently.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak in public to large and small groups.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge and experience with a student information database and/or Customer Relationship Management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference for experience with Slate CRM.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - FSAM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer