Graduate Assistant – Women’s Basketball
Description of Job
Edgewood College seeks qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant serving as one of three assistants for the Women’s Basketball program. Athletics plays an important role in the life of the campus, including but, not limited to the following: enhancing the learning experience for student-athletes, creating opportunities for uniting the campus community, publicly demonstrating the College’s values and mission, and contributing to the achievement of the College’s enrollment goals. This position will be active in supporting the College’s Mission and Vision, and will strictly adhere to NCAA, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference and Institutional rules. This is a ten-month position with a full tuition waiver at Edgewood College (18 credit hours per year) and stipend.
Candidate must be able to start August 16, 2021.
- Game preparation
- Ability to participate in practice and drills
- Individual workouts with players
- Instruction and assistance with two weeks of summer basketball camp
- Game film study and preparation
- Game day meal planning and organization
- Investment in lives and growth of student-athletes
- Assisting head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring and evaluation
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited institution required
- Candidate must be admitted to the graduate program at Edgewood College
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Candidates should also have a strong undergraduate academic record
- Collegiate playing experience
- Advanced skill and/or teaching/coaching experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- General understanding of NCAA III rules
- Ability to relate to a diverse population
- Understanding of and ability to support the Edgewood College Mission and Values
Required Technical Skills
- Comfortable with Office 365 platform
- Demonstrated comfort with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - GACW
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer