Orientation Graduate Intern
Description of Job
The Orientation Graduate Intern serves a vital role in the Office of Student Inclusion and Involvement throughout the summer. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Student Life, the Orientation Intern will plan, implement, and execute Orientation programs and new initiatives for First-Year Experience programs. In addition, the Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain experience within the Residence Life functional area.
Orientation Intern will be provided with the following:
- Edgewood College attire
- Edgewood College Nametag and Staff ID
- Edge Dollars loaded to EC staff ID card
- Desktop computer, office phone, and Edgewood College email address
- Madison Metro Bus Pass
- Professional development opportunities based on interest
HOUSING: Furnished on-campus apartment
Due to the requirement to live on-campus, the Intern will be responsible for contributing to summer resident community development and providing assistance with urgent response, as needed.
HOURS: Orientation Intern generally works 30 hours per week. Night, weekend, and extended hours of work will be required during Summer Social and New Student Orientation.
- Assist with the planning for New Student Orientation and Welcome Week
- Special focus on the development and facilitation of social justice and diversity orientation programming
- Assist with the preparation for and facilitation of Orientation Leadership Team training
- Assist with the supervision of approximately 30 student leaders on the Orientation Leadership Team
- Contribute to mentoring of summer student staff (Flight Crew)
- Present on Orientation & Student Life and/or OSII services during summer events
- Assist with the expansion of program assessment and student learning outcomes
- Collaborate with Housing intern on various tasks including preparation for student leader training and fall housing assignments
- Other duties as assigned by the Office of Student Inclusion and Involvement
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - OTGI
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer