Description of Job
The Registrar cultivates collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff and support college programs and policies as established by federal, state, administrative, and academic entities. The Registrar acts as a central communication resource for academic and policy information related to student records management. The Registrar is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the academic record.
Strategic Planning, Policy Development and Data Analysis
- In partnership with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, assist with developing and implementing strategies and annual plans to meet institutional priorities as defined by the mission of the College, the Strategic Plan, and institutional goals
- Recommend, interpret, and administer strategies within the framework of federal, state and institutional regulations that are consistent with and in support of student success and retention.
- Research, analyze, develop and recommend departmental processes and procedures to increase/improve operational efficiency for Registrar’s Office
- Bring outstanding interpersonal skills with a highly collaborative and collegial professional approach. Including collaboration with the managers of the Business Office and Edgewood Central Office on ways to streamline and improve work flow among those areas as well as monitor customer service standards and metrics.
- Provide innovative and creative approaches to problem solving, with an ability to ask the right questions.
Oversight and Supervision
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for the student experience.
- Provide superior personnel management and leadership skills, including developing, leading, and coaching high performing, customer-facing teams. This includes directing Registrar’s Office Team in day to day activities and implementation an annual plan and directing, training, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Bring an energetic, action-oriented attitude and enjoyment to daily work, building on the significant energies of a strong community of professionals.
- Contribute to student satisfaction through effective and responsive student-facing services.
- Effectively develop and manage operational budgets.
- Identify and employ best practices and technologies in higher education.
- Direct and coordinate the maintenance of student records.
- Keep up to date with College, departmental and professional (federal and state) changes in the field. Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations pertaining to student records and following commonly accepted best practices as outlined by AACRAO, WACRAO etc.
- Represents the College in professional organizations and participates in committee work with outside organizations. Attendance in seminars or courses and providing professional development opportunities for staff is encouraged.
- Fosters a campus-wide culture focused on student success, service excellence, and data-informed decisions in alignment with the institutions mission, vision and values.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years progressive college administration/management experience
- Supervisory experience (required)
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions
- Must be able to attend functions off campus and work weekends/evenings as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write with clarity and precision
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and backgrounds
- Ability to work with a team to develop and implement strategies
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives
Required Technical Skills
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
- Experience with Jenzabar and Powerfaids is preferred
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn and adopt new software
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - REGR
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer