Social Media Marketing Specialist
Description of Job
Edgewood College is seeking a Social Media Marketing Specialist to promote the College through social media and other online channels, while adhering to the established Edgewood College brand. Responsibilities include creating daily content for the College social media channels and its primary website, www.edgewood.edu. The Social Media Marketing Specialist also develops new social media strategies and campaigns, and measures the effectiveness of the College’s digital properties and campaigns. Specific tasks include writing engaging copy for web pages and generating stories and posts for social media outlets and other channels. The successful candidate will also take photos and videos as needed.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications, the Social Media Marketing Specialist is a full-time, in-person, entry level position. While this position typically works 8 am-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
We are seeking someone who is:
- An innovative thinker
- An independent worker
- Able to thrive in a busy and deadline-driven environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excited to multi-task
The Social Media Marketing Specialist will be primarily responsible for strengthening and bringing greater visibility to the Edgewood College brand by:
Working with the Executive Director to develop and execute the College social media plan.
- Generate, edit and publish daily content, aimed at growing engagement with prospective students, alumni, parents, and friends, to appropriate social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Provide social media guidance and expertise for specific campaigns.
- Provide recommendations to expand and improve social media channels.
- Ensure the College’s brand identity, voice, tone, style is consistent to branding guidelines and across all platforms.
Update content on the College’s website, www.edgewood.edu.
- Curate and update content for the Edgewood.edu website, including photos, student and alumni profiles, and short news items.
Analyze and interpret data from digital analytics.
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals.
- Create reports for review by the leadership team.
- Monitor competition and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Capture photos and videos, which would require attendance at campus events, athletics competitions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business or a related field
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and integrate multiple social media channels
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to handle multiple projects while meeting concurrent deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with key constituencies
- Multicultural competence—possesses the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from oneself in meaningful, relevant and productive ways
- Excited to support the Mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community
Required Technical Skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Photoshop, email editing software (Mail Chimp, IContact, Fire Engine Red, or similar program), and social media platforms
- Minimum 1-2 years marketing and/or communications experience
- Experience with content management software (Sitefinity, WordPress, DotNetNuke, Drupal, Joomla! or similar platform)
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two personal or professional work samples (curated post, branded email, short article, etc.). Applications will not be considered unless all materials are submitted.
Human Resources - SMMS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer