The Family Center Director
Description of Job
Execute daily administrative duties
- Manage daily operation of mental health center within the center’s assigned operational budgetary requirements.
- Maintain contracts, agreements, background checks, and supervision records for center supervisors, interns, and residents.
- Obtain and maintain compliance with state and local agencies as determined by MFT program leadership.
- Maintain referral network, community connections, and professional image of mental health center.
- Schedule, supervise, and evaluate student workers and graduate assistants as needed.
- Attend meetings and participate on committees as assigned.
Monitor quality of client care
- Ensure center’s compliance with state and federal standards of client care.
- Maintain position as Privacy Compliance Officer and Security Compliance Officer for HIPAA standards and for offsite records storage (Iron Mountain).
- Monitor risk assessments, crisis interventions and mandated reporting.
- Schedule regular review opportunities such as client feedback surveys.
Maintain educational focus of center
- Assist Associate Dean in review of program applicants and internship readiness.
- Monitor quality of supervision and training provided at the center to ensure alignment with MFT program competencies.
- Develop and provide in-service trainings as required.
- Teaching duties as assigned.
Supervise students during clinical hours
- Ensure relational clinical hours requirements are met as determined by MFT program.
- Conduct regular evaluations of supervisors and supervisees.
- Ensure interns have sufficient support around legal, ethical, and risk experiences.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- MS, MA, PhD, PsyD degree
- Licensed in Wisconsin in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Knowledge of the various fields of family systems therapy
- Strong administrative and management skills
- 3+ years clinical experience
- 1+ years supervision of clinical staff
- AAMFT approved supervisor or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of field of MFT (family systems theory, foundational models)
- AAMFT Code of Ethics
- WI State standards for licensure
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective skills in administration, teaching, and supervision
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - TFCD
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer