Traditional Residence Halls
Marshall Hall, built in 1864 and expanded in 1963, is the only remaining building on campus from the early history of Edgewood College. The property was owned by Samuel Marshall, one of the original founders of M&I bank. As the school grew, the historical Marshall building served many different purposes. However, starting in 1942, Marshall became a residence hall for the new 4-year college. Marshall Hall provides residence for 52 students with shared lounge spaces, kitchen and study areas. One side of the building is female rooms with a shared bathroom on each floor, while the other half of Marshall has one floor of male rooms with a shared bathroom, and a second floor of female rooms with a shared bathroom.
Stevie Hall was ready for residents in the fall of 1994. This hall was named after Sister Marie Stephen (Stevie) Reges and is located behind the Regina Chapel and Weber apartments. “Sister Marie Stephen Reges lived with and counseled generations of resident students over the years, and so it was fitting that [this] residence hall be named in her honor,” Mary Paynter, O.P. shares. Stevie Hall is co-ed and provides residence to 121 students and has lounge and recreational spaces, and kitchenettes for shared use on the different floors. Sister Stevie was quoted blessing the hall, “May all who live here live in peace and joy!”
East Regina is the most recent addition to the residence halls at Edgewood College, built in 2016. It consists of mainly of double rooms with community bathrooms and lounge spaces on each floor. Residents also enjoy easy access to the Phil's Cafeteria on the first floor of Regina, as well as the chapel and classrooms located in the lower level of the building. Residents in this hall share lounge spaces with computers, kitchen, laundry room, and enjoy a beautiful lake view. Residents have access to community bathrooms on each floor.
West REGINA HALL
West Regina was built in 1957 as part of an expansion plan for the college. This hall carries on the original name of the school the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters established in the late 1800's, the St. Regina Academy. West Regina Hall consists of two floors of mainly single rooms, the first floor housing one hall of males and another hall of females with separate community bathrooms. The second floor has all female halls with shared community bathrooms. This hall also holds one of Edgewood’s dining facilities, Phil's, on the first floor, as well as the chapel and classrooms in the basement. The 115 residents in this hall share lounge spaces with computers, kitchen, laundry room, and enjoy a beautiful lake view. Residents have access to community bathrooms on each floor in addition to the sink and vanity located in their room.
Upper-Class Housing Options
Dominican Hall opened in 2007 and is the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) – Silver certified residence hall in Wisconsin. The name of this residence hall represents the college’s Dominican traditions and values that are woven into all aspects of life on campus. This hall is co-ed and is home to 200 students. Dominican residents who live in suites within the building enjoy shared lounge spaces, kitchens, study areas with computers on each floor and a beautiful lake view.
Dominican apartments were added to the building starting in 2015. They were created to give upper-class students the ability to experience an apartment style living space within Dominican Hall. There are five different apartment styles within Dominican, all of which include private kitchen access, living room space and most students have a private bedroom within their apartment.
Siena Apartments are co-ed by apartment and consist of 9 two-bedroom units which house two or three students in each (one single bedroom and one optional double bedroom). The apartments also have a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. Each unit has an individual air conditioner.