Assistant Director of Residence Life – Residential Education
Description of Job
- Supervise, train and evaluate our 14 RA paraprofessional staff with regard to all residence life issues, daily operations, procedures and policies, and creation of inclusive communities.
- Coordinate and lead the process of hiring paraprofessional staff.
- Lead program development and execution within the residence halls.
- Actively develop professional, positive relationships with residents to assist them in their personal, social, spiritual, and intellectual development.
- Advise residence life community development efforts toward the creation of inclusive, healthy, safe, caring and growth-minded residence life communities with special focus on freshmen and sophomore year needs.
- Serve on a duty rotation providing night and weekend on-call coverage.
- Advise the Residence Life Traditions Committee.
- Conduct student judicial hearings.
- Conduct program assessment and evaluation.
- Work with Dining Services to ensure quality of services for residents on meal plans.
- Collaborate with Facilities and Security staff to ensure upkeep of facilities and safety of residents.
- Coordinate with student staff for check in and check out procedures and break opening and closing
- Assist with housing operations as needed in such areas as: room assignments and changes, key inventory, and facilities damages.
- Oversee the residential programming model and ensure collaboration with Student Life and the Division of Student Development along with other campus partners.
- Provide leadership for programs directed toward the particular needs of residents.
- Assist with the Office for Student Involvement programming activities and traditions.
- Assist with various new student orientation events in conjunction with the OSI.
- Partner with Student Development Staff members to ensure strong coordination for staff training, residence hall programming, and appropriate referrals.
- Serve as a member on College committees based on need and professional interest.
- Participate in Orientation, Commencement, College Assemblies and Admissions Events.
- Actively support the missions of Edgewood College and Student Development.
- Continue to develop multicultural competence- the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Master’s degree preferred with related experience in residence life or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-year professional experience in residence life
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Skilled at leading a diverse team
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ADRL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer