Disability and Accessibility Assistant
Description of Job
- Counsels students with disabilities on college transition, study skills, and organization
- Converts course materials, exams, quizzes and other materials into alternative formats
- Schedules and proctors students needing testing accommodations
- Assesses the usability of instructional materials
- Provides direct instruction and advice regarding various AT devices
- Other duties as assigned by the Disability and Accessibility Advisor
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in learning disabilities, special education, rehabilitation counseling or a related field.
- Experience working with students with physical, mental health, and learning disabilities
- Experience in personal technology use (Facebook, Twitter, Office 365, etc).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of personal technology and social media
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team setting and on an individual basis.
- Tact and patience in dealing with students.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences in learning.
- Skill in fostering independent learning in students.
Required Technical Skills
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office 365, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Willingness and ability to learn new software and hardware
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –DACA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer