Interim Science Director
Description of Job
- Maintain relationships with existing community partners
- Plan and manage the major established programs of the Office in collaboration with program staff.
- Work with STEM faculty, staff and students to facilitate their engagement in outreach activities and events.
- Manage the budgets that support the various programs including preparing reports and proposals to maintain and secure funding to support program longevity.
- Create and nurture effective communication across the college.
- Promote the College’s goals of community engagement and increasing diversity and inclusion in the natural sciences.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Advanced degree in either a field of natural science, science education or science communication
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible scheduling including occasional nights and weekends.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, all application materials should be provided to the Human Resources Office by Friday May 28, 2021.
To apply: Applications must contain a substantive cover letter, CV/resume, three professional references with complete contact information, and unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Send completed application packet to:
Human Resources – ISOD
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer