Shuttle Bus Driver
Description of Job
This position is responsible for operating 26 passenger buses and 12 passenger vans as a part of the College Transportation Program. Most of the operation is dependent on predetermined routes and times. Primary Riders include the students, faculty, and staff of the college.This is a part time fill-in position. Hours will vary according to the needs for the department. We operate a daily employee shuttle 6am to noon and noon 6pm Monday through Thursday, the other employee shuttle operates mornings and afternoons, Mondays through Thursdays. We also operate a shopping shuttle to the Hilldale Mall on Tuesday evenings. There is also a late night 7pm to 3am shuttle Thursdays through Saturday nights. This shuttle runs to the UW campus from Edgewood. The shuttle services run during the school year. We do not operate the shuttle holidays, summer or mid-December through the third week of January
- Provide safe, customer friendly transportation to off campus shuttle lots, the downtown area, shopping centers and a variety of other locations.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicles are in a safe working condition prior to each days operation. Any problems should be reported immediately to the Campus Transportation Office.
- In charge of refueling the vehicle when needed to ensure the next shift will be able to operate without time delay.
- Responsible for clearing debris from the shuttle at the end of each shift. Anything of value left on the shuttle should be turned into the Security Department’s lost and found section.
- If an accident should occur, the driver is responsible for all accident reporting.
- Drivers may be asked to drive the shuttle for various college functions outside the normally assigned work hours.
- Responsible for prompt pickup and drop off service.
- Drivers are required to act in accordance with all State of Wisconsin driving regulations.
- Drivers are expected to provide courteous service and assist the Transportation Department in actively promoting the shuttle program.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Each driver must have a clear Wisconsin Driver’s License with a Commercial Driver License (CDL) endorsement to operate the larger shuttle.
- Criminal background checks of applicants will be performed.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency.
- Prior to shuttle or van driving experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Drivers must pass a pre-employment physical and may be required to pass on a nonscheduled drug screening tests (Federal DOT Requirement).
- Drivers must be free of any known medical condition that would prohibit them for the operation of a motor vehicle.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - SHBD
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer