Description of Job
Provide high-quality and timely design, implementation, programming, and technical support for public-facing web-based systems and applied software technologies in use at Edgewood College, primarily www.edgewood.edu. Use “Best Practice” methods as defined by College policies and industry standards in pursuit of the improvement of our external web-based communication technologies. Oversee the long-term planning and vision of the College’s websites, making sure those resources align with the enrollment, marketing and branding strategies set forth by the College.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
- Manage projects to meet the needs and deadlines of the College on a timely basis. Coordinate the implementation of new web-enabled and mobile-web technologies that support and engage external audiences.
- Work closely with content contributors to understand their content and campaign needs and help them craft strategies that support those objectives. Train content contributors on best practices for optimization.
- Work with internal stakeholders to translate overall web strategy into sub-strategies, develop requirements, tactical plans, review and testing parameters, and timelines. When needed, work with stakeholders regarding new tactics and website improvements.
- Provide exceptional leadership in the development, programming, implementation, support, and training for our external electronic communication tools, including web sites and web-based technologies at Edgewood College
- Collaborate extensively with College Leadership, Faculty and Staff to enhance and develop our external web-based communication technologies. This includes close collaboration with the Information Technology Services Office and other offices including Admissions (graduate and undergraduate).
- Assist in the development of standards for the public-facing web-based technologies used by the College.
- Ensure all web-based communication complies with ADA and other Federal, State and local requirements, and that procedures are followed to protect and secure key informational technologies and is familiar with appropriate security and recovery plans.
- Assist with the analysis of data from website, SEO, and digital marketing campaigns and develop recommendations to optimize web performance and design. Manage Google Analytics for site effectiveness and tracking of paid advertising conversions on website.
- Optimize the web architecture in a way that ensures the most reliable customer navigation and usability.
- Supervise work-study and part-time Staff as requested by management staff, in accordance within established personnel and human resource policies at the College.
- Serve/chair committees, attend professional meetings and seminars, and provide consultative services within the College as appropriate or required
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Two-year degree in Information Technology Systems with emphasis on web development.
- Three years of experience in applied web-based information technology systems in a professional organization.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess excellent project management skills with the ability to collaborate in a dynamically changing environment.
- Experience in the following core technologies in use at Edgewood College:
- Sitefinity CMS (Razor, C# is a plus)
- CSS (SASS (SCSS))
- Adobe family of graphics and multi-media software
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working in an academic environment with a reasonable understanding of the required informational process flows.
- Experience with Dot Net Nuke (DNN) or other content management systems
- Experience with Microsoft .NET
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - WBMG
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer