Assistant Professor of Microbiology
Description of Job
The Department of Biological Sciences at Edgewood College invites applications for a tenure-track Microbiology teaching position to begin in August 2020. Candidates should have experience in the fields of microbiology, immunology, medical microbiology, or virology.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD degree in microbiology, immunology, virology or a related discipline
- Experience setting up and teaching laboratory classes
- Experience working with undergraduates in the classroom and the lab
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with both department peers and the School of Nursing
- Proven track record of research in either microbiology, immunology, virology or a related field
- An interest and experience in mentoring undergraduate research students.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. (or complete a Ph.D. before the position start date) in an area relevant to this position
- Experience with common elements of an undergraduate microbiology curriculum
- Experience working with undergraduates in the classroom and lab
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To Apply: Send a CV, letter of application, teaching philosophy, research statement, transcripts and letter of recommendations by December 30th, 2019 to:
Human Resources - MICP
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer