Physical Security and Risk Management Director
Description of Job
Safety and Risk Management
- Risk Management and Insurance - Provide guidance for the development of risk management policies and procedures on a campus-wide basis in order to protect College assets, limit the College’s liability, and ensure business continuity.
- Occupational Safety – Maintain and improve occupational safety throughout the Campus and promote regulatory compliance with applicable laws and regulations as mandated by the Federal, State, and local governing agencies.
- Environmental Health - Review compliance and best practices on an on-going basis. Participate as a leading member of the Campus Sustainability Coordinating Team (CSCT). Act as the primary liaison for EPA/DNR compliance audits.
- Outreach, Training and Consultation –Complete general administrative duties.
Security and Transportation
- Manage the Security Department
- Lead the day-to-day security operations at Edgewood College including security staff, emergency preparedness, video surveillance and access control. Responsible for aiding in the design and maintenance of the organizational structure and staffing to effectively serve the College's goals.
- Supervision of the security staff including hiring, scheduling, training, performance reviews and feedback, and directing security employees’ activities.
- Management of the campus safety programs that include the Eagle Alert (Campus Warning System), the campus emergency public address system, the video surveillance system.
- Work closely with the Student Development Department. This involves supporting the Resident Assistants and Area Directors in performing their assigned duties. This position also works closely with the College Conduct Officer and the Dean of Students in handling incidents that occur both on and off campus.
- This position performs all the same functions as a Security Officer protecting the lives and property of the faculty, staff, students and general public visiting the Edgewood College campus community.
- Perform duties as Title IX investigator and Clery Compliance Officer.
- Establish training needs for the department as well as instruct in various security programs and issues.
- This position gives approval for the issuance of master keys as well as access card authority to members of the college. In addition this position approves the location for all video surveillance locations.
- Personnel Supervision
- Manage the Transportation Department
- Oversee the management of the Campus Assistance Center
Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- A four-year degree is required
- Experience in security and/or law enforcement or related area, such as safety, with a minimum of 2 years’ management experience
- Experience in the area of occupational safety, environmental compliance, and risk management, including advisory/consultative experience and demonstrated ability to provide subject-matter training.
- Experience working with a transportation and/or a parking program is preferred
- ARM or CSP designation preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Technical expertise on occupational safety, environmental and ergonomic issues, and risk assessment
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA and DNR regulations
- Knowledge of Risk Management and insurance concepts
- Experience and/or a depth of related knowledge in the areas of transportation and parking, security and law enforcement, Clery Law, customer service operations
- Experience working with students in co-curricular, as well as curricular settings in higher education
- Ability to work with a wide range of groups or individuals. Understanding of cultural differences and how that may impact how work is conducted
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving/conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Wisconsin laws and statutes is preferred
- Understanding of Title 9, Clery and government regulations
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge in SharePoint, Excel, Jenzabar and Maxient preferred.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - PSRM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer