Stewardship & Events Coordinator
Description of Job
- Establish a structured, systematic process of stewardship to foster relationships with benefactors. This may include cultivation and recognition events, as well as preparation of periodic reports and oversight of the annual benefactor recognition wall.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to maintain an efficient and engaging benefactor program, including oversight of the annual stewardship mailing to those with named funds at the College. This includes coordination of meetings with benefactors, scholarship recipients and staff or faculty members.
- Oversee monthly/annual benefactor recognition including birthdays, first-time gifts, anniversaries, and updating giving society honor rolls.
- Develop creative and personalized stewardship and cultivation plans for the top 25 benefactors. Meet regularly with gift officers to discuss stewardship and cultivation plans/updates.
- Work in partnership with the marketing & communications office to coordinate stewardship related content on the Edgewood College and advancement websites
- Plan and implement events to promote benefactor stewardship, cultivation and recognition of annual giving, major gifts, cumulative lifetime giving and planned giving. (Including invitations, reservations, program planning, name tags, etc.)
- Create and prepare mailing lists, invitations, mail merges, RSVP lists and materials for special events including post-event follow-up
- Support the Alumni Relations Director in the coordination and planning of the Emerald Club Reunion and the Alumni Awards ceremony and reception, including onsite support during the events
- Work with campus partners to coordinate event logistics (including reservations, invitation design, event budgets, inviting campus leadership and preparing scripts)
- Create and maintain the Advancement communications calendar in partnership with Alumni Relations Director and Director of Annual Fund and Stewardship.
- Plan and manage individual budget
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Annual Fund and Stewardship
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in English, Communications or a related field preferred.
- Preference give to candidates with two or more years of experience in development, stewardship, alumni relations or event planning.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage own work
- Demonstrated time management skills, including meeting shifting deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the College
- Ability to accept constructive feedback in a positive and productive manner leading to improvement/enhancement of future stewardship activities
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Required Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with relational databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - SPEC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer