Voice Instructor (Part-Time)
Description of Job
Edgewood College invites applications for a part-time position as a voice instructor for the Music Department. The voice instructor position is a one semester position for the Fall of 2022, with a possibility for renewal, and includes teaching private studio voice classes to both music and non-music majors, preparing students for on- and of--campus performances and juries.
Additional duties might include performing as a soloist with the music department ensembles, assisting on recruiting efforts, contributing to social media presence, and other PR and marketing efforts. The ideal candidate should have experience working with students from all levels of experience and backgrounds, including beginners, non-majors and advanced music majors, and be comfortable teaching both classical and musical theater repertoire.
- Teach private studio voice classes to both music and non-music majors
- Prepare students for on and off campus juries/performances
- Assist on recruiting efforts, as well as social media and other PR opportunities
- Be comfortable teaching both classical and musical theater repertoire.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Minimum of MM degree in Voice Performance is required, DMA preferred
- College or university teaching experience is preferred
- Ability to work with students from all levels of experiences and backgrounds
- Ability to perform as a soloist for the music department ensembles
- Be comfortable with social media platforms
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – VIPT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer