Total: Total number of cases (Active and Recovered) among Students, Faculty, and Staff since tracking began.
Active: Positive cases not yet recovered.
Recovered: Able to resume normal activities.
* Numbers include students on and off campus
These pages are a resource for students, parents, and our entire community.
Mar 11, 2020, 12:00 PM
Dear students, faculty and staff
We are aware that UW-Madison has made the decision to move classes to online-only beginning March 23, 2020.
The President’s Council is conferring to determine appropriate next steps for the health and safety of our entire community. At this time, we are operating as normal, with some important exceptions.
We’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the planned Bridging Borders experience that was to take place in Mexico during spring break. We’ve been in contact with the students directly affected, and are working with them to minimize the impact this change has on their semester.
Our students who work in clinical settings in Greater Madison have also been notified that they must follow the same travel protocols related to COVID-19 that UW-Health has in place for their health care professionals.
Please monitor your email as we’ll share important information here, and that information can change rapidly. We’ve also updated www.edgewood.edu to provide resources and information next steps that may become necessary.
Students: Please use the Dean of Students as your point of contact if you have questions. They may be reached at 608-663-2212, or at email@example.com.
Faculty: Please reach out to the VPAA Office with questions at 608-663-2200, or send an email.
Staff: If you have questions, please reach out to your supervisor. You may also reach out to Human Resources at 608-663-3317, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, please monitor your email for updates.
Mary Ellen Gevelinger, OP, Ed.D.
Task Force Fall 2020
A work group charged with shaping the return to campus this fall. We remain committed to on-campus, in-person living and learning at Edgewood College, beginning with welcoming our newest students on Sunday, August 16, 2020.
Athletics Director & Head Baseball Coach
Director of Information Technology
V.P. for Student Development/Dean of Students
Executive Assistant to the President
Associate V.P. for Dominican Life and Mission
Environmental Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Director of Residence Life
Director of Security & Transportation
V.P. for Enrollment Management
Director of Strategic Communications
Students, Faculty, and Staff Pledge 2020-'21
Preventing the spread
In order to do everything we can to keep all of our community as safe as possible, the Edgewood College community will adhere to a number of safety protocols during the 2020-2021 Academic Year as a way of minimizing risk of the spread of COVID-19. These protocols are based on guidelines provided by Public Health Madison Dane County.
As a member of this Community, I will…
- Wash my hands properly and regularly.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes.
- Comply with posted Public Health Madison Dane County requirements.
- Wear a mask covering my nose and mouth while in indoor spaces.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Assist in the use of disinfectant wipes to clean shared public workspaces prior to use.
- Take reasonable precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Avoid public places and minimize interpersonal contacts if I have been exposed or have any symptoms of any illness.
- Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the College and follow any instructions to seek medical care or to quarantine.
- Agree to be tested for COVID-19, as prescribed by health care professionals. Agree to be cooperative and flexible as we work together to support one another and give our community the best balance of learning and safety.