How can I Mask Up, Back Up, and Wash Up effectively on campus? Wear your mask! Masks should cover your nose and mouth and should be worn indoors in public spaces and outdoors when you can not effectively be physically distant from others. If you do not own a mask, you may purchase one in the Campus Store. Back Up: practice physical distancing by leaving 6 feet between you and others. Wash up: wash your hands often.
What should I do if I was exposed to someone with COVID-19? Report any potential exposure or symptoms to the Dean of Students Office and follow any instructions they provide to seek medical care or to quarantine.
What should I do if I see another student who isn't wearing a mask? Remember, this is the year of community. Please remind them nicely to wear their mask. We are all doing this for each other. Should you have questions, you may contact the Dean of Students Office.
How will office hours be managed? All support services are still fully available to you; some are just offered in a different way. For example:
- All seating areas for Phil’s and Wingra have been spaced out for social distancing. Also, Stations that used to be self-serve are now either served by Dining Staff or are single packaged items.
- Health Services will see students for non-COVID concerns by appointment only. Personal counseling will be provided via telehealth.
- Current information on library services during COVID-19 is available on on the library website.
A Gradual Return to Campus
- Wear a mask while inside buildings (masks will be available for those who do not have access to one).
- Maintain social distancing practices (remain six feet apart) at all times on campus. In the near-term, please refrain from visiting the seating areas of Wingra and Phil’s, and other areas where people typically gather.
- DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in contact in the most recent 14 days with someone known to have tested positive for Covid-19. Free testing is available in the Madison area though we ask that you contact your healthcare provider if you have questions or symptoms.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water while on campus.
- All returning employees acknowledge that their return to campus is voluntary, they agree to follow campus protocols, and they will take all reasonable precautions to avoid contracting or spreading Covid-19 while on and away from campus.
- Cleaning protocols will be followed to clean surfaces and minimize the potential for spread of the virus. The College will provide departments with disinfecting products so individuals can regularly clean around their own working areas.
- Offices configured and staffed in a way that will not allow social distancing may be temporarily moved to larger spaces.
- Offices that receive visitors will have markings on the floor to show visitors where to stand to preserve social distance.
- Visitors will be requested to wear a mask while on campus. All visitors should be directed to the Campus Assistance Center where they can be checked in and where masks will be available for their use.
- Meetings of more than three people shall be conducted via Webex. Meetings of three or fewer shall be conducted in a manner consistent with social distancing.
Protocols in place upon our initial return will be modified as necessary based upon additional guidance from public health officials.
Thank you for your patience. Please contact your supervisor, dean, or V.P. if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns. We look forward to welcoming the Edgewood College community back to campus, albeit gradually.
Bias and Harassment
Edgewood College is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all members of our community. Please remember that any bias or harassment toward community members of perceived Asian descent will not be tolerated. All campus members play an integral part in creating a community that is free from discrimination, harassment, and hate.
If you have been the target of (or have witnessed) an incident of discrimination or of bias, please complete the online form.