Inaugural Pitch Competition Set
Madison, Wis. (April 18, 2019) – Edgewood College launches its first entrepreneur pitch competition 9:00 am – 12:30 pm, Friday, May 3, 2019, in Anderson Auditorium.
The competition partners with the 15th Annual Edgewood Engaged, an annual college-wide celebration of undergraduate research and academic engagement. The Pitch Competition is open to the public, and Greater Madison is warmly welcomed.
“This opportunity encourages students to create their own career opportunities out of personal interests and innovation,” Victoria Palmisano, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Affairs in the School of Business, said. “In the heat of competition, they’ll learn what makes for a compelling pitch and they’ll get valuable feedback from professionals to help move the project forward.”
The students selected as finalists are:
- DIVE: Digging Into Value Everywhere - Ashley Ligman and Kristel Renn
- HERZ: Her Empowerment Race Zone - Natasha Sichula
- Immigrant Activists: Building Community in the Shadow of the Wall - Marie Treleven, Mindy Navarro, and Stephanie Florencio-Miranda
- Revive Financing - Amanda Greuel
- Dreaming in the Borderlands - Vivi Velasquez, Jahdai Guerrero, Karina Alvarez Alvidrez
- Trained to Grow, Inc. - Felix Giboney
- Obsession Dobsonian Construction Project - Melissa Sikes