Summer Research Partnership with Madison Country Day School
What is the MCDS Summer Research Academy?
The Summer Research Academy (SRA) is a new partnership between Madison Country Day School and Edgewood College. Students will have the opportunity to engage in authentic science research, mentored by practicing scientists.
There are three goals for this intensive program:
- Learn about a new area of scientific research from experts in the field
- Design and carry out your own scientific investigation
- Reflect on the process of doing science and develop research skills that will be useful throughout your academic career
Who can participate?
SRA is open to motivated science students entering grades 9-12. Priority registration will be given to MCDS families, with remaining slots open to the general public.
Space is limited! Each session will be capped at 10 students.
When is it?
There are four different programs that students can register for. Each program is two weeks long. Two workshops will meet concurrently during the first two-week session (July 11-22) and the other two workshops meet concurrently for the second two weeks.
Each workshop meets 9 a.m.–4 p.m. each day. On the final day of the session, the students will participate in a poster session showcasing their work. Families and friends will be invited to attend.
- Session 1: July 11-15, 2022 & July 18-22, 2022
- Session 2: July 25-29, 2022 & Aug 1-5, 2022
The cost of each 2 week program will be $800. There are some scholarships available.
Visit the Madison Country Day School Website for more information and to register your child.
Session 1: July 11-15, 2022 & July 18-22, 2022
Session 2: July 25-29, 2022 & Aug 1-5, 2022