- Community Scholars Program
Community Scholars Program
The Community Scholars Program develops informed, engaged, and compassionate leaders from Dane County through self-exploration, career-exploration, personal and professional development, and community engagement. Community Scholars join a support network designed to promote academic and leadership development through community service and enrichment activities. These activities facilitate personal and professional growth that allow scholars to take full advantage of an Edgewood College education.
Every year, Edgewood College selects up to four incoming freshmen as Community Scholars. Community Scholars receive a full-tuition award, textbooks, and a laptop. Along with these great benefits, Community Scholars are able to participate in leadership development opportunities, attend local, regional and national conferences, while continuing their commitment to community service. Each scholar contributes 200 hours of community service and leadership hours annually, approximately 7 hours per week during the academic year.
To be considered for the Community Scholars Award, prospective students must:
- to Edgewood College and meet the admissions requirements
- Demonstrate financial need through the completion of the Edgewood College Financial Aid Application or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be a graduating high school senior, residing in Dane County
- Demonstrate a commitment to giving back to the Dane County Community through community service and civic engagement
If you have any questions about the Community Scholars Program, please contact the Edgewood College Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 608-663-2294.
The application deadline for the Community Scholars Award is March 1st. Apply today!